Villa Gelsomino is set in the heart of the Umbrian countryside, 9km from the ancient city of Orvieto. It sits at approximately 300metres (1000ft) in the hills above the ancient city and commands spectacular 360 degree views across olive groves and vineyards, with Lake Corbara (Lago di Corbara) glistening in the distance. The villa sits in the centre of 15 acres of private land, currently wheat fields, which are being redeveloped to incorporate a private swimming pool and secluded areas for walking and enjoying the sunshine. The area is rural with high quality agriculture with grain crops, olives and vineyards.
Landscaping work is in progress, and is due to be completed before Spring 2016. Please see the Development Diary for the latest news.
The grounds will include:
- private parking area
- Country style gardens around the house including herb and vegetable areas to provide fresh supplies for the kitchen
- barbeque and outside cooking area
- 15 acres of wheat fields that are being redeveloped into olive groves and meadows with flowers and wildlife friendly shrubs trees and hedging plants
- plenty of space for playing outdoor games as a family with a good selection provided
- secluded, private areas for getting some ‘alone time’ in the sun or the shade
- verandah to East side of house adjacent to kitchen and dining room for al fresco dining and celebrations
- large private patio to South side of house adjacent to lower ground floor apartment
- patio to the West side of the house accessed from the main living room to soak in the evening sun
An extensive swimming pool, patio and recreation area is under development ready for Spring 2016. This is situated to the North, above the house, commanding the same spectacular views across the countryside and mountains. Careful planning of the landscaping ensures total privacy without compromising on sunshine and views.
The swimming pool is 20m x 7m with an even depth of 1.5m, there is a 3m x 3m step area at the side of one end of the pool, with wide steps at the top to provide a sanctuary area for young persons. The pool is infinity edge along its entire 20m southern side.
The extensive grounds include a perimeter walk next to vine yards, olive groves and grass meadows, the route is 1.15km and takes approximately 20 minutes. Longer walks are easily accessible making use of the quiet roadways connecting Botto (the small hamlet close to the villa) with surrounding villages